8/26/2008

working hours

I just overheard a conversation of U.S. law students, quite possibly 3 year J.Ds, talking about their future plans, interview sessions they've done or plan to do for internships. It made me wonder. I never really thought about questions like "Do I want to work with a big law firm, or I'd rather be an in-house counsel or even a prosecutor?". Also, it's been severl years since I graduated and I suddenly feel really old amongst these folks. It's funny to hear about the ridiculous "personality tests" these people had to face before being asked even a single legal question in their interviews. I try to restrain myself from giving tips to them. They'd probably dismiss them at first saying I'm from a different legal culture. But is the culture of big international law firms any different on the old continent and in the new world?

2 comments:

Meerkata said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elek said...

if it were only 1.5 years... :)
and besides, i started working way before graduation.
btw i didnt give them any tips, ideas, whatsoever. i thought it was none of my business.