11/04/2008

Live from Houston: History!

Both CNN and Fox News called the 2008 presidential election for Barack Obama. Although in recent days the news was all over with this election being historical no matter the result. When Fox News reported John McCain's defeat, I became absolutely certain.

Well, apparently this will not be like 2006 back at home. Even a couple of hours ago, while constantly watching CNN.com for updates through my late night class, I cautioned people about what has happened in Hungary in 2006. Tables can turn in an instant. They didn't here despite many people's hope down here in Texas. What actually came as a surprise (at least to me) was that the county Houston is in turned undoubtedly blue.

You have no clue how many people asked me if I voted. I constantly told them: had I voted, I'd be deported the next day for election fraud. I CAN vote. Just not in this country. :)

Btw, residents of Houston start going into a frenzy: constant honking and fireworks stir up the night. (Side note: the neighborhood I live in is mostly populated by African-Americans.)


No comments: