9/23/2008

Playing cards again

No, I haven't moved to Vegas. I just got my Texas ID card. Finally, I have a better chance to fool the bouncers at the clubs (luckily the ladies don't ask for an ID when you start talking with them once you're inside). Not that they had any problem with looking at my passport for my date of birth (=DOB on my new ID, which I think is funny because of its Hungarian meaning: drum). So far, even my Hungarian ID card was good enough to let me in at places where alcohol is served (remember: the legal age for drinking is 21 and they really care about it around here). But I can finally ditch questions about my home country, which is nice if asked by some random girl but pisses me off when bored bouncers hold me up with such cr*p at the entrance. Come to think of it, maybe I will use this new ID to play some of the old games I used to. At some places in Budapest I was better off posing as some guy from NYC. Now I have "proof" for "being from" Texas. :D

I also got a bunch of business cards. From the university. Try the convince the university that you need a business card at home. :) At first I didn't know why they wanted me to have them but then I realized that all these mixers, parties and conferences are good occasions to get rid of them. And I can also add them to my collection. I always keep some of my old cards just for fun.

Another somewhat surprising development of the day was that when I started writing this post, I heard yelling and screaming from a neighboring home. I pulled up the blinds and saw someone running around with something on fire in the dark. Then I realized that the voice sounds familiar so I looked closer. I turned out that one of the Russians tried to put out a birthday cake that was on fire. Since she is in my class I went over to help her when she told me I should join her birthday party. The guys surprised her with a cake and those candles that relight themselves once you blow them out. They couldn't stop the relighting. :)

No comments: