9/11/2008

Weather update

As Hurricane Ike is closing in on Houston, I just wanted to inform you that I may not be reachable during the upcoming days. I'm not under a mandatory evacuation order as of now, but this may be expected anytime. Therefore I won't be reachable on my landline phone and I try to conserve battery life and airtime on my cell phone for emergency calls, which I hope I won't have to place. So please don't try to reach me there. I'll try to continue monitoring all my e-mail accounts but don't be surprised if I don't reply soon enough. We were told to expect shortages in power services so I may lose electronic connection to the outside world.

The hurricane is expected to hit Houston in early Saturday morning potentially as a category 3 hurricane. So tomorrow, I'll move to a friend's place, which appears to be a safer location.

If you are interested in keeping track of Ike, check out updates on cnn.com, chron.com and at the National Hurricane Center.

I will post updates as the storm has passed and conditions have been restored to normal. But I guess I still have to study for my mid-term exams. :(

No comments: